Sunday, July 20, 2008

Current Blessings May 2003

CURENT BLESSING THAT GOD HAS GIVEN ME TODAY

BY DORIS CHILDRESS
(Dad helped Mom write this)

30 MAY 2003

God has promised to meet my every need in accordance with his will and has proven that He is trustworthy by His care for me throughout my life.

God has given me peace to accept my health problem when I can not understand why these things are happening to me. Because of God’s love for me, I can be happy even in these difficult circumstances.

My husband has promised to take care of me at home for as long as he is physically able to care for me.

I still live at home with my husband who loves me very much.

I can still walk short distances with little or no pain in spite of the serious back problems that I have.

I can still get in and out of bed with little or no help from anyone.

I can still get in and out of the bathtub with little or no help from anyone.

I can still take care of my bathroom needs with little or no help from anyone. I can control my incontinence with pads. I am thankful that I do not have to wear diapers (Depends).

I can still get in and out of the car with little or no help from any one.

I can still brush my teeth, comb my hair and fix my face with little or no help from anyone.

I can still carry on a meaningful conversation with other people some of the time.

I can still work word puzzles slowly. I still enjoy watching TV Musical Videos and listening to musical CDs.

I can still feed my self. I still enjoy eating.

Many of my friends call me on the telephone to see how I am and to tell me they are praying for me.

Many of my friends have sent me get well cards and have told me they are praying for me.

Several friends have offered to run errors for me whenever I need help.

Wearing a back brace helps me to stand up straight and reduces my back pain.

I have 2 doctors who are sincerely concerned about my physical well being.

I have a pastor and many friends who are praying for me every day.

I have 3 children and 9 grandchildren who love me and are concerned about my well being.

No comments: