Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mom 1983 - 1985

Easter of 1984
Several times, Mom and Dad joined us for a weekend in northern New Mexico to enjoy the fall colors.
Mom let Michelle and EB help her fry chicken. She didn't even seem to mind the mess; she just enjoyed their pleasure so much.

For EB's 4th birthday, Mom helped me make this Care Bears cake. We didn't read the instructions very closely, and did not see the line on the pan, the "do not fill above this line." The cake overflowed in the oven and made a tremendous mess. I now know she probably felt like crying, but what I remember is the two of us laughing ourselves silly. (I wish I could say I remember cleaning up the oven so she wouldn't have to, but the truth is I remember no such thing!)
The cake is decorated with countless little stars. I remember helping, but I think Mom did most of them.

The picture below was taken during the brief time we lived in San Antonio.


No comments: