Saturday, August 16, 2008

Letter from Sue & Charles


Dear Girls:

Sue and I had a fine visit with all of you and drew much comfort from the graveside service.

Having been through the loss of my mother, I can relate to your sense of loss and how I have dealt with it all these years. My Mom dies fifty-two years ago and I have missed her every day. You know we have dealt with a loss of one granddaughter, Michael's daughter Elizabeth Marie and his oldest Son, William, is cystic fibrosis at age fourteen and having a rather tough time.

In all this, I often find myself slipping into the area of doubt and despair. When I do, I sing the lines of a great hymn of faith. What a Friend We Have In Jesus. The words just lift the burdens away and a calm falls over me that mere words cannot describe. Diving down the road, in the rest room or kitchen or especially at night when sleep seems to evade the tired body while the mind races away.

What a Friend we have in Jesus.
All our sins and grief to bear.
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer.

Oh, what Peace we often forfeit,
Oh, what needless pain we bear.

All because we do not carry,
Everything to God in Prayer.

Try it. Before you finish the verse you will feel the burdens lift away and a calm peace settles upon you and, you will be able to deal with it all because HE is holding you in HIS arms flooding your soul with HIS healing Grace from HIS vast storehouse of Grace.

I don't have David's e-mail address so share this with him for me.

Aunt Sue and I love you all.
Uncle Charles

No comments: